Prairie Messenger Header

Diocesan News

 

08/26/2015


BLESSING OF THE GRAVES — On August 16, a crowd gathered for the annual mass and blessing of the graves at St. Helen Parish in Brooksby, Sask. The parish was established in 1914 and closed in 1985. The Our Lady of Consolation Parish in Melfort, Sask., approximately 40 km south of the church and graveyard, co-ordinates ministries and music annually. Family and community members of those buried in the cemetery return each year for the occasion. A social with coffee, donuts and fellowship ended the celebration.(Miazga photo)

Diocesan News
Canadian News
International News