A Sisters of Mission Service leadership team was chosen at a gathering of the sisters in Saskatoon over the summer. They are (from left): Sisters Olive MacInnis, Judy Schachtel and Marie-Noelle Rondot. (SMS photo)
SASKATOON — The Sisters of Mission Service met in Saskatoon for three events over the summer.
On July 16 they celebrated the 65th anniversary of their foundation as a religious congregation. The community was founded in Battleford on July 16, 1951 by Rev. G. W. Kuckartz, OMI, and Catherine Cannon.
Aug. 16 - 19, the sisters met at Queen’s House for a retreat on the theme, “Love Is What Carries Us.” The retreat ended with the election of a new leadership team. Both the retreat and the election process were facilitated by Sister Margo Ritchie, CSJ, from London, Ont. Judy Schachtel was re-elected to the leadership team for a second term; also elected were Sisters Marie-Noelle Rondot and Olive MacInnis.
The community gathered again at Our Lady of Lourdes Church to celebrate the 50th anniversary of religious profession of Mariette Rivard, who presently resides in Winnipeg.